5/31/11

May Highlights

I talked with a good friend from Seattle today and she reprimanded me on my lack of blogging here recently. So I decided to get back on track. (Thanks Rachel!) It's taken me awhile to figure out my new phone and how to take pictures, post pictures, get pictures off camera, etc. So that's my excuse, but anyway here are some April and May highlights.
Cinco de Mayo
Pete came home from work with these crazy hats and of course the boys were thrilled! They do make a pretty good 3 amigos!

Brandon and his friend Carter have each made a portfolio where they keep their best drawings. They try to sell them to people to get some money. I recently had a small garage sale (where I made 125 bucks and got to clean out the house a bit!!) and so they set up this table together for a little bit. They sure are cute in this picture, but it wasn't really a good idea for them to do this together. Feelings were hurt when comments were/weren't made or pictures were/weren't purchased.

Brandon and Jordon each got a kite at Easter and since we happen to live in the windiest pocket of the world, we have been flying our kites quite a bit. The wind is great to keep the kids occupied and have fun with our kites, it is not great when it continues to blow down our trees that we planted last fall!!! We've staked them with various types of stakes and with all these tornado-like winds coming through they just keep falling.

Brandon has been asking for a mohawk haircut for quite awhile now. I kept thinking to myself that I'd wait until after school was out. But his hair was getting pretty long and making him quite hot. And I figured, "Who really cares anyway!" of course he can have a mohawk during the school year. So here it is. It's kind of that trendy "fauxhawk" so when he doesn't spike it up with gel (like in the photo) you can't really tell too much. Anyway these are some super old Pacer's clothes that I got from two different garage sales. He loves them. That outfit coupled with these Chuck Taylor's just crack me up. He came up with this whole thing on his own...if only he knew how Hoosier he looked!!

It's not Memorial Day without a big watermelon!
Brandon and Jordon got the idea to try to catch their juice in a cup so they could drink it. It was hilarious to see how little actually ended up in the cup and how many drips were all over their laps. Oh well, gotta love their creative minds!

I just can't get over how much I love this picture. For whatever reason I think it looks old fashion. I guess I keep thinking in my mind that there must be a million similar photos that have been taken over the decades of little blond boys with blue shorts mealin' on some melon!
And here's the final picture of May. Today on May 31, 2011, Brandon got glasses. It's hard to believe really. His eyes are quite bad for his young age. We didn't even know, actually, he didn't even know that his eyes were bad until he failed the eye exam at school. Since he's so young and learning so much, his eyes and mind quickly normalized the blurriness that he was seeing. Anyway, I'm sure this will take some getting used to, but hopefully he'll enjoy seeing better. It's kinda too bad that he's getting them at the beginning of summer, where he'll do lots of sweating and playing (things that make wearing glasses kinda a pain) but I'm sure he'll really benefit from them next year when he's in 1st grade!
Posted by Picasa