1/22/11

Typical Happenings

I took all the boys to Hobby Lobby (mistake) to look for some fabric for project I want to work on. I promised that if they let me look at my fun stuff then I'd let them look at their fun stuff. Well, they found these foam swords. They had a blast with them; it was quite funny to watch.

Brandon got the idea from his friend Carter to start making and selling some art. And so now Brandon has created a portfolio and draws/colors pictures of various scenes. His plan is to sell them to people in order "to make money for the family, the people and the states". These were his first two (and so far, only) pieces that have sold. I really liked them and hated to see them go, so I snapped a picture first. The top one is a circus (big tent) and there are some giraffes coming out of one of the train cars on left. The bottom picture is a picture of a house and farm. This is my favorite. I love the sun and the chimneys with smoke. He colors all the way to edge of the page on most of his drawings which I think is one thing that makes them so nice. I will take some photos of his portfolio and post them later.
Posted by Picasa

Here's a little onesie that I made for a friend. I just think it's fun and cute and thought I'd post it. The eyes are tiny little buttons. I sewed the owl on and then I printed "night owl" on iron-on transfer paper.
Now, I know this looks like a mess to most of you, but let me just say that I'm quite proud of this little project. Over Christmas break Pete and I worked pretty hard on redoing some areas of the house. Mostly parts where nobody will notice, but it has helped us out in organization quite a bit. One of these areas of change has been in the craft room. The only reason why I'm really posting this is show what great gifts I got for Christmas!
On the desk you will see (left of tissues) a large notepad. This is from Elly and is so great. It's daily notepad that has fun facts on it, but also allows me plenty of space for my t0-dos (which are many), to the left of that you will see a little coaster. Brandon made this along with Nini. He is soooo proud of this thing that he's made and he loves to see it sitting on the desk. To the left of that is a little table-top caddy that Pete got me. With changing things around in this room we switched the desk that I was using for this other one that we had. It is great, but it lacked some hidden storage that I was hoping for. This caddy helps that problem! And at the very top to the left of the plant you will see a card-holder with various papers hanging off of it. In that, there is a gift card from Betsy. Thanks to all of you. Now, I will say that I didn't plan all of these things to be in this one picture, but it sure turned out great that so many of them did. Thanks for your thoughtfulness.
Brandon lost his third tooth! And his other front one is loose too.
Jordon built this super tall tower one morning. He was pretty proud of it. I suggested that I take his picture and he wasn't so sure. He's seen me take pictures of Brandon's proud creations, but he wasn't sure he wanted to be in that category. But it turns out, he really was excited about this tower. After all, it was taller than him and had a propeller on the side (that's what he's looking at).
Posted by Picasa